Classified Center Stage - NUNCHUK

 ENTER THE NINJA FORCE!

THE CHARACTERS OF G.I. JOE


    "You take the two on the left, I'll deal with the other seventeen!" - Nunchuk, 1992.

G.I.JOE
Nunchaku Ninja - NUNCHUK
File Name - Ralph Badducci
Birthplace - Brooklyn, NY.
Specialties - Nunchaku Fighting, Martial Arts, Self-Defense Instructor, Samurai Sword, Ordinance, Battle Wagon Operator.


BACKGROUND INFORMATION...

    Ralph Badducci, aka Nunchuk, was born in Brooklyn, NY.  At some point, he relocated to Denver, CO. where he studied "mystic fighting forms" from a blind master there.  Seeking to perfect his fighting techniques, he relocated again to San Francisco, CA.  Studying at a martial arts school, his powerful abilities were observed by the G.I. Joe ninja - Storm Shadow, who personally took him on as a student.

    In 1992, when Storm Shadow felt Nunchuk's skills were ready, he brought him onboard the G.I. Joe Ninja Force sub-group.  Led by Storm Shadow, himself, this unit is comprised of a small handful of experts in stealth, silent weapons, and mixed martial arts.  

    Nunchuk's area of expertise, is obviously - nunchaku-style fighting.  He is, however, also adept at fighting with his double-edged Samurai sword and small arms.  He has even been trained to operate the G.I. Joe vehicle called the Battle Wagon.  In the heat of battle, his preferred and signature move is a technique called the "Samurai Smash".

    In 1994, Nunchuk was among the few Ninja Force warriors that learned to utilize "inviso-power".  This mysterious cloaking skill makes the user nearly invisible to the naked eye.  Learning this strange ability makes Nunchuk an even more dangerous adversary to Cobra's forces!


ENTER THE NINJA FORCE!

    Nunchuk has always been one of my favorite of the G.I. Joe Ninja Force Team!  I appreciate the fact that Nunchuk is considering his job with a little more stealth in mind.  I like Ninja Force in general, and there are some great characters in that group, but let's face it - most of these guys were not interested in going unseen.

    Recently, when Hasbro announced Nunchuk was joining the Classified line, he was one of those "had to have" figures.  To date, it is the only Classified figure I have pre-ordered.  I don't even think he is that popular overall, but in my eyes, he's awesome!

    The Classified version of this figure is great and takes it's entire look from the original 1992 version, which is fine by me.  The only gripe I have, is the nunchakus seem too small.  So I made a pair with wooden handles and a real chain.  Perfect!

    Now all we need is a clear / translucent figure to represent the Shadow Ninja figure!



    (Information on the character's lore was taken from the Sunbow and DIC cartoon series, including the Movie and the figure's original File Card.)

Comments

Popular Posts