The Characters Of G.I. Joe - WILD WEASEL

WHO IS COBRA'S BEST PILOT?

THE CHARACTERS OF G.I. JOE


    "At last!  I finally get to do some flying in a real fighting machine!" - Wild Weasel, G.I. Joe, Issue #28.  

COBRA COMMAND
Cobra Rattler Pilot - WILD WEASEL
File Name - Classified
Birthplace - Classified
Specialties - Ground Support Pilot


BACKGROUND INFORMATION...

    Wild Weasel joined the Cobra Organization early in it's existence, right about the time Destro was completing the design for a new ground attack aircraft.  Having honed his piloting skills in the Bush Wars in South America and Africa, Wild Weasel was ready for a new challenge.  Soon he became designated as the pilot for the Rattler - Cobra's new Tank Smasher Jet.

    Wild Weasel's skill quickly found him being acknowledged as Cobra's best pilot!  This is, of course, before Dr. Mindbender started with his "surgical alterations" with the Strato-Vipers and Star-Vipers and such...  Wild Weasel's abilities are natural and he doesn't want additional "help".  He has been entrusted with many Top Secret missions and has led Cobra's Air Force into battle multiple times.  He has successfully held his own against G.I. Joe's best pilots and sophisticated aircraft.

    Wild Weasel can fly almost anything!  Although he typically sticks with the Rattler, he has been known to fly other aircraft in Cobra's arsenal.  One aircraft he has taken out more than a few times is the Python Patrol Conquest.    


Who Is Cobra's Best Pilot?

    I thought Wild Weasel was cool from the moment I first saw him in the G.I. Joe comic, Issue #24.  He just looked sinister and menacing in that flight helmet.  At the time, I was misled to think he was the driver to the Water Moccasin!  When I bought the Water Moccasin on a family vacation, my thought was... "Who in the world is this Copperhead guy?  Where is Wild Weasel?"  

    I eventually put the pieces together on who drove what... and thankfully, soon I was lucky enough to acquire the Rattler as well!  My Wild Weasel figure saw more battles than the character ever did in both the G.I. Joe comic and cartoon combined!  In addition to being an excellent pilot, my Wild Weasel could sneak into Joe HQ and stir up plenty of trouble on occasion!

    Wild Weasel here is represented by the 25th Anniversary version that was released in 2007.  He came in a 2-pack with the Joe pilot - Ace!  This is a great rendition of the figure!  Very cool look - true to the original, great articulation, and the removeable visor is a nice touch!  Unfortunately, he didn't come with a vehicle... however, I had a Cobra aircraft that needed a pilot - my Python Patrol Conquest!  

    Wild Weasel has always been one of my favorite Cobra characters and the Conquest (Joe or Cobra) is one of my favorite flying vehicles in the Joe line.  So in my basement, in my jam space, the two of them are hanging above my drum set!

The original Rattler and Wild Weasel from the 1984 catalog.


    (Information on the character's lore was taken from the Sunbow and DIC cartoon series, including the Movie and the figure's original File Card.)



Comments

Popular Posts