The Characters Of G.I. Joe - COBRA OFFICER (Cobra Convergence 8)

LOOK WHO GOT A PROMOTION!

THE CHARACTERS OF G.I. JOE


    "Cobra Officers are dedicated to destroying G.I. Joe and the American way of life.  Beware... they are extremely dangerous enemies!" - from the file card, 1982.

COBRA COMMAND
Cobra Officer - COBRA OFFICER
File Name - Various
Birthplace - Various
Specialties - Infantry, Artillery, Intelligence, Demolitions, Martial Arts. 


BACKGROUND INFORMATION...

    The next step for a successful Cobra Trooper is to become a Cobra Officer.  Officers are expected to lead squadrons of troops into the heat of battle.  They receive additional training including the use of disguise and deceit.  They use this knowledge to infiltrate and take jobs working in important locations like defense plants or nuclear power facilities.  They report all valuable information back to Cobra Commander.

    As of 1984, Cobra Officers were given the option to attend Stinger Driver's School so they can take the wheel of Cobra's night attack jeep.  In 1988, some Cobra Officers were reassigned to work with Python Patrol.  This was a sub-group of Cobra that used equipment and vehicles with special radar-resistant coating.


LOOK WHO GOT A PROMOTION...

    The Cobra Officer was one of the first figures I bought when Wave 2 came out in 1983, along with Tripwire.  Since he was an army builder, and we were right around the corner for some great Cobra operatives, mine was always in the background - riding in HISS Tanks or riding on the side of the Water Moccasin.  I really liked this figure though and mine saw countless battles!

    Although I like the fact that Cobra uniforms branched out of the years, I really liked the connective look of the original three Cobras - Cobra Commander, the Troopers, and the Officers.  This brought a unity to the team.  It was easy to understand who the bad guys were.

    My Cobra Officer is long gone.  I have no idea what happened to him.  If I sold him at some point, he couldn't have been in that great of shape!  So for this write-up, we have the 2020 Walmart Exclusive Retro
Cobra Officer.  This is a great update of the figure!  The details are fantastic and the articulation is superb.  I kinda wish I had bought a few more of these new Troopers and Officers!  I'm hitting this version of the figure with a 5 out of 5 Blue M&Ms!!!  (I had to think of something blue...?)  This is a truly great figure!


    (Information on the character's lore was taken from the Sunbow and DIC cartoon series, including the Movie and the figure's original File Card.)


This has been a part of Cobra Convergence 8!  For a full calendar of presenters, visit www.hcc788.com.


Comments

Popular Posts