TRANSFORMERS: Revisiting The Characters Of Generation 1 - TWIN TWIST

 TRANSFORMERS:  Revisiting the Characters of Generation 1

"War is wherever I want it to be." - Twin Twist, 1985.


AUTOBOT
Name - TWIN TWIST
Function - Demolitions
Series Debut - 1985 / Wave 2
Sub-Group - Jumpstarter


BACKGROUND...

    Demolitions is the perfect job for Twin Twist, he loves to use his drills to tear things up.  It doesn't matter if it's an evil Decepticon or some random lifeless object, once those spinning drills start throwing shreds everywhere, he's happy.  His overly destructive nature has become a concern to his commander - Optimus Prime.

    Twin Twist transforms into a Cybertronic Drill Tank.  In this mode, he can travel at 200 mph.  His diamond-tipped double drills spin at 6000 rpm and can go through most materials.  As a Jumpstarter, Twin Twist can transform extremely fast!  He can convert into robot form in .4 seconds.  In robot mode he carries a twin-ion impulse blaster.


MY THOUGHTS...

    I believe it was Valentine's Day in 1985 when I got Twin Twist.  It was a holiday we didn't necessarily get gifts for, but we did that year.  I had only been collecting Transformers a few months and had been tuning into the cartoon regularly.  I opened the figure and thought "who is this?"  I had never seen this guy before!?!?  I believe my parents found him at a hardware store... somewhere you wouldn't expect to find toys, but it was a definitely a Transformer.  My folks told me "they had another one there."  So I talked them into letting me get the other one - which was Topspin.

    I could not wait for these two to pop up in the cartoon and comics!!!  How did they explain the fast transformation?  How did they get to Earth?  Why didn't they switch to Earth vehicles?  We would find out soon... Oh wait, NO WE WOULDN'T!!!  They never showed up... ever!  Okay, yes, I think one of them popped up in the background in the comics somewhere... whatever...

    No one is filling in for G1 Twin Twist, I have him right here.  He has seen better days, but I cleaned him up a bit.  It's not my original figure... I actually don't recall how I got this figure, but it's still cool to have.  The Jumpstarters barely had any articulation on the original figures, but the automatic transformation was way cool! 

    (Information on the character's lore was taken from the Sunbow Transformers cartoon series, including the Movie and the figure's original Tech-Spec.)

Comments

Popular Posts