Random Thoughts: THE G.I. JOE CLASSIFIED WISH LIST OF INSANITY

    So, maybe you are asking "what the heck is this list???"  A Classified Wish List of Insanity???

    Let me explain...  So the new Hasbro 6" G.I. Joe Classified Series is growing.  The lineup of released figures is expanding and new figures continue to be announced!  Thus, fans are curious what is around the corner...

    We are all picking our favorites... and several of these are figures we all know and love.  But this isn't a list of the figures I want to see most - basically, those would already be found listed in my Top 10s - figures like the Iron Grenadier, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, Sci-Fi, Blizzard, etc.  

    What I really want to see is the line grow to a point where they start pulling from the pool of figures you probably wouldn't see on a normal basis...  Lesser known characters or some of the uniforms from the latter days of the original line.

    I would not be shocked to see Hawk version 1 or 2.  In fact, I wouldn't doubt there is concept art already drawn for either one right now.  What I would personally like to see is Hawk VERSION 3!  This is the high-tech one with the flight pack.  This uniform was a different direction for Hawk, but I personally I thought it was a cool and unique idea.  Let see Hasbro kick this one out.  This one is a bit unusual, but seriously, this pick does not qualify as an "insane pick", let's move closer to that territory...

    Another figure I would like to see is - Starduster!!  Yes, the mail-in Jet Pack Trooper that was the "poster-boy" for the G.I. Joe Cereal for a time.  I always liked the idea of the original!!  This could be a mail-in... NOT necessarily a limited edition though.  Make him available for anyone and everyone to order.  Let the scalpers order 1000 each of him.  You know some people won't take the time to order it and he'll end up scarce anyways.  This would be cool to see, if done right!

Cool art huh?  This is a web-print I bought from www.gijoe365.com.  Check it out when you get time, there is great stuff over there!

    Next up, sticking with the mail-in concept - let's see the Steel Brigade figure!  Do it up old school with the customizable file card!  Make him available for a couple years like the original was.  Give everyone a chance to get one of these!  I think it would be well worth Hasbro's time to do this figure... and if we are going to do this one... let's include...

    ...The Create-A-Cobra figure!!!  Man, the original creation of these two figures was genius back in the day!  Another customizable character.  I can tell you, I missed out of BOTH of them back in the day, but I would definitely be after one of each if they were offered in the Classified line!

    Is that still not crazy enough for you?  Okay, try this one...  I would like them to eventually make Knock-Out!  Who is that???  This is one of the cancelled figures from the Ninja Commandos line that was supposed to come out in 1995.  The figures of this sub-group were never released due to the G.I. Joe Line's cancellation in 1994.  He was the one unknown, brand new character in the group.  Next to nothing is known about him.  This would be a nice little treat to the hard-core fans and finally shed some light on who and what this character was supposed to be.

Pic of Knock-Out from yojoe.com.
    My thought is this... here soon, when Hasbro announces someone like Spirit, Low-Light, Lifeline, a Crimson Guard or Zarana... I'm going to say "well, of course!"  But someday if they toss out a character like the 1993 Ninja Force T'Gin-Zu... that's when I'll say "WHAAAAT????".  That's when I'll be truly impressed!  It's no different from back when they were releasing new Star Wars figures in 1995 and started digging deep with characters like Pote Snitkin.

    So what do you think?  Was that list a little on the crazy side or did it make any sense?  What under-the-radar character(s) would YOU like to see made?  Is there anyone else that would like to see my "oddball" picks?  Let me know!  Hit me with your thoughts below!

Comments

Popular Posts