Snoova's Diorama Gallery: G.I. JOE HEADQUARTERS 2

    Back in the early 2000's, in our old house, my basement had several dioramas with varied sizes.  I would have to say that probably 90% of them were Star Wars thanks to the prequels keeping me focused in that department.  But I still loved my Joes and still gave them some attention.  I had the large playset of the 1992 G.I. Joe Headquarters II and decided to display it.  This was a cool playset despite what some people may think of the 90's Joes.

    I did not put the crazy effort into it as I did some of the Star Wars ones.  My main focus was to display the Headquarters itself and as many 90's Joes as possible, not to mention a few vehicles.  There was a simplicity about it, but it was still a fun, cool display I thought.  So this is what I had....
    

    Man, these pictures were taken a long time ago...  but you can see the Cobra forces attacking the Headquarters.  Cobra has their vehicles - the Scorpion, the Rat and the Paralyzer with them.  Taking cover behind the rocks I can see Metal Head, Destro, a '94 Viper and a HEAT-Viper.  The android, Overkill, is advancing on Gung Ho and General Flagg.  Way in the back, Cobra Commander is sending 2 Alley-Vipers in.


    Law is taking aim out the main door of the HQ with his neon yellow laser rifle.  General Hawk is back there somewhere... I can see his gold accessories!


    On the side of the HQ, Bulletproof is leading his team of DEF troops which includes Mutt (and Junkyard), Shockwave and Long Arm.  Notice the Headman is in the pokey.  Cobra is not trying to rescue him though... if they succeed in destroying the base... he's going down with it.  Ice Cream Soldier and General Hawk can be seen in the back there!


    Ahhh... I wish I would have been better taking this picture back in the day...  I have a better, angled one, but it is all blurry.  It's supposed to show Night Creeper Leader attacking from behind.  He has knocked Mace off the side and taken Dial-tone by surprise!  Cutter is on the elevator.
    The reason Mace got to be the one hanging on for dear life is because I didn't have his accessories.  Sorry Mace!

    And that's it... I took the pictures long ago with a handheld camera and had the film developed.  I wish I had more shots, but this is all I managed to capture from that time years ago.  I DO still have the HQ (although in slightly worse shape as my kids have played with it) and I still have many of these figures!








Comments

Popular Posts